Write the following text on the front cover of your homework assignment and sign it. If the text is missing, 20 points will be subtracted from your homework grade.
- 20 points: Chapter 1, Problem 2 (page 23).
- 20 points: Chapter 1, Problem 15a, 15b, and 15c (page 24).
- 20 points: Chapter 1, Problem 17 (page 24).
- 20 points: Chapter 1, Problem 18 (page 24).
- 20 points: Chapter 1, Problem 24 (page 25).
- 20 points extra credit: Use Mathematica to solve
Problem 15 and 18 of Chapter 1 (Problem 2 and 4 on this homework assignment). In
order to receive the extra credit, you should create a Mathematica
Notebook, showing on the relevant calculations, and submit it electronically
to Prof. Wolfs at firstname.lastname@example.org. The
name of the file should be hw01p06XXYYYYYYYY.nb where XX are your initials
and YYYYYYYY is your student id number. The subject of the email
should start with hw01p06XXYYYYYYYY. If you use the Mathematica
results also as part of the solutions of Problems 2 and 4, you should
print out the Notebook and attach it to the assignment you hand in. Make
sure you refer to these calculations in your written solutions of these
problems. But remember: on exams you will not have
access to Mathematica so you still need to understand how to work these
problems out by hand.
Last updated on
Tuesday, January 16, 2018 14:35