- Chapter 2, Problem 2 (page 52).
- Chapter 2, Problem 15 (page 53).
- Chapter 2, Problem 16 (page 53).
- Chapter 2, Problem 29 (page 54).
- Chapter 2, Problem 34 (page 54).
- 20 points extra credit: Consider the following NaI
spectrum obtained with a Co60 source. Explain the four “peaks” that
are visible in the spectrum in terms of the properties of the source
and the detector.
Note: your explanation should be quantitative. For example,
if you identify one feature as the Compton edge, you should show that
it occurs at an energy that is consistent with your expectations. You
also should indicate with what primary gamma-ray energy it is associated.
Last updated on
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:01