Homework Set 06. Due 3/9/18 at noon.
Write the following text on the front cover of your homework assignment and sign it. If the text is missing, 20 points will be subtracted from your homework grade.
- Chapter 6, Problem 23 (page 230).
- a) Chapter 6, Problem 24 (page 230). b) Chapter 6, Problem 25 (page
- Chapter 6, Problem 32 (page 231).
- Chapter 7, Problem 6 (page 263).
- Chapter 7, Problem 13 (page 263).
- 20 points extra credit: On the Phy 237 website, a Mathematica notebook is posted that can be used to solve the Schrödinger
equation for a particle in a finite well. However, this notebook is not complete
and does not predict the energy eigenvalues of the solutions.
a) For V0 = 12 and a = 1 there are four eigenvalues. Update
the notebook to include the calculation of these four energies.
b) Update the Mathematice notebook to create fours graphs that
show the eigenfunctions as function of position.
In order to receive the extra credit, you should create a Mathematica
Notebook, showing on the relevant calculations and graphs, and submit
it electronically to Prof. Wolfs at email@example.com. The
name of the file should be hw06p06XXYYYYYYYY.nb where XX are your initials
and YYYYYYYY is your student id number. The subject of the email
should start with hw06p06XXYYYYYYYY.
Last updated on
Friday, March 9, 2018 7:18