Design: John C. Lambropoulos and Renato Perucchio (Mech. Eng.)
- Both large and small structures.
- Both man-made and biological structures.
Course work includes:
- Discussions and analyses of design task descriptions, design constraints, design optimization studies, and the non-unique solutions arising from the design process.
- Discussion of economic, ethical, legal, aesthetic, and environmental constraints.
- Group projects include designing simple engineering structures and analyzing the basic design incorporated in a biological structures.